The major responsibility for the learning and welfare of our students lies with classroom teachers. Further support is provided by our Support Team.
Students with additional needs may require an Individual Learning Plan that identifies adjustments to their learning program and supports needed.
Support Team Members
An experienced teacher is assigned to co-ordinate the various services and interventions for students who are experiencing learning difficulties or require support to extended beyond the curriculum. The support teacher facilitates communication with parents and specialist services.
Franklin Primary has a psychologist who works one day a fortnight advising parents and teachers on ways to improve student well-being and learning.
Our speech pathologist visits fortnightly to oversee a range of programs to support students with delays in speech development.
Our school nurse works alongside teachers to promote health and well-being, and to provide health education, early intervention and referral services.
Our school chaplain provides pastoral care support to students at our school and organises activities and programs to assist students in making and developing positive friendships.
A team of Teacher Assistants support specific programs and interventions to enhance student learning.
Launching Into Learning
Launching into Learning is a program where you and your child can form relationships with your local school and other families. It is for children Birth to 4 years, before they start Kindergarten.
Children learn a lot in their first five years of life. At Launching into Learning, you and your child can learn together to give them the very best start to life. When you spend time playing with your child at Launching into Learning you make a real difference to their future.
Why is it so important?
- Children’s experiences in their earliest years are really important to their ongoing development and they have a major impact on their future achievements at school
- We know that supporting children’s learning before they begin school will give them a greater chance of success
- At this young age learning through play and exploration alongside people who mean the most to them is a really positive experience for children
- Your child will be involved in activities that will help develop their talking, reading, creativity, physical, social and emotional skills
- You will get support, friendship and a helping hand
- You will get to know your local school
Come and join us for art and craft activities, cooking, outdoor play, songs and stories. This session incorporates morning tea and our “Out and About” program.
This session includes activities to develop motor skills, outdoor play, stories and music. You may also borrow books from our library if you wish. This session also incorporates our “Out and About” program.
ALL SESSIONS ARE HELD IN THE KINDERGARTEN ROOM.
All SESSION ARE FREE OF CHARGE.
PLEASE BRING ALONG FRUIT TO SHARE.
TEA AND COFFEE ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE ADULTS.